Tuesday, November 9, 2010

(appellant in the appeal) Operation Ore November 11th 2010

Message from xxxxxxxx

 

Dear xxxxx


I thought I would drop you a line to say hello and to thank yourself and every one else in the group for… well , I was going to say all their hard work, but that doesn’t even come close to describing the sacrifices the team has made on behalf of myself, my family and every other victim of ‘ORE’.

With just a few very long days left, I find myself contemplating the events of the past 8 years. During this time I have experienced some of the worst of what humanity has to offer (I won’t go in to detail as I am sure you can imagine). I have watched the people I care about deeply having to endure the humiliation and stigma of Operation Ore.

This kind of offence not only affects the accused, it embroils their loved ones, and anyone who dares to stand by the accused is guilty by association.

Whilst I have endured the worst of what humanity has to offer I have also witnessed the very best of it too.

I was sentenced to sit in a room for 5 months. Whilst I was sitting in there, missing my wife, longing to see my beautiful children, I found myself at an all time low. I was exhausted, beaten and ready to give up.

“We’re going to fight this” were the first words muttered by what is now known as the ‘Operation Ore Group Action’, words of encouragement spoken with determination and subtle support by my brother and friend xxxx.

This gesture grew and blossomed and a small group of like-minded individuals came together with one recurring and very simple theme: “Where is the evidence?”

The group embarked on a mission to discover the truth. This mission saw innocent, law-abiding, good people, arrested, locked up, their homes raided, their personal and professional integrity questioned. Undeterred, the group persisted, despite the risk and implications that walked hand in hand with this cause.


I want to thank each and every one of you for investing so much effort and time over the past four years, time you could have spent with your own loved one’s and families.

You placed yourselves in the firing line, you stood up for what is right and just. You are the example of the best of what humanity has to offer.

xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
Mum and Dad
And all the others who will know who I mean when they read this

Without your contribution, Thursday’s appeal would not be possible. On behalf of my wife, my parents, and my children, I thank you for having faith in me, I thank you for everything.

xxxxxxxx


(appellant in the appeal)